Today, I like to share more about what the specific rays are and they shape who we are.
Essentially there are Seven Rays (there exist more, but let’s keep our focus on the first Seven and not complicate things at this point) and each of these Rays hold a certain energy that expresses themselves in our minds, thoughts, feelings and actions. They also influence how we perceive the world and how they can also impact how creation (animate and inanimate) function.
For the purpose of our education on a more personal level, I will keep a focus on how the Rays function within the human/earthly realm, rather than the Universal realm.
Also, it can be a rather dry subject, but I’ll try to make things lighter and easily absorbed.
First Ray – This ray is often known as the Ray Of Power & Courage. If you would like to visualize it, you may see it as RED in colour.
- We use this when we express power, courage, potency, discipline and so on. (The interesting thing about the rays is that we use them without us even knowing it!)
- This is a powerful energy to work with especially when we need focus, willpower
- At the same time, we have to be careful in how we use it or else it becomes over powerful in its strength, manifesting itself as anger, a destructive force, impatience and so on.
Second Ray – The Ray of Love & Wisdom. This ray is BLUE in colour.
- This is often known as the ray of the teacher because it exudes patience, love and the desire to teach
- It also has an ability to radiate, attract and be very inclusive in its expression
- When not used properly, it can become a weak energy such as fear, negativity, inferiority, depression, procrastination and even self-pity
Third Ray – This represents Active Intelligence and it is YELLOW in colour.
- This energy is at work in businesses and organizations for its ability to actively ground intelligence.
- To put intelligence to work, to manifest, to evolve
- However as with all the ray energies, there are trappings as well, if we do not know how to use the energies well – for the Third Ray, they manifest as over materialism, self-importance, scheming, manipulation, preoccupation with details and even deviousness
Fourth Ray – This is the ray of harmony and it is GREEN
- This ray governs over the arts and artistic expressions of humanity and the earth
- It is also all about harmony in human relationships and togetherness
- Some of its trappings include: vagueness, conflict, glamour of imagination, overly sensitive to beauty, impracticality
Fifth Ray – Concrete Knowledge & Science is what this ray is all about. Its colour is ORANGE
- This ray is present in science and research
- It expresses itself through keen intellect, truthfulness and attention to detail
- One could move into the other of the spectrum when not integrated properly by expressing this ray through cold mental assessment, intellectual pride, criticism, or constant analysis
Sixth Ray – This is the Ray of Devotion and it is INDIGO in colour.
- This energy is expressed through devotion, in the areas of spirituality, life, family relations and even one’s work and sense of focus
- When not kept in check, it can manifest as fanaticism, possessiveness, over devotion, narrow-mindedness, rigidity and too much intensity of feelings
Seventh Ray – This is also known as the VIOLET ray and it represents Ceremonial Order & Magic
- This ray is all about order, procedures, diplomacy and tact
- It is also known as the white magic ray for its ability to bring about transformation with proper structure and flow
- Its trappings include rigidity to law and order, superstitions, black magic, lower psychism, love of secret and mysterious
Above is just a basic introduction to what the rays are about, knowing what kinds of ray energies you are born with, and how they impact you and the choices you make. For example, if I know that I have the second ray working in me, I would watch out for how the negative aspect could play out in me, causing me to self-sabotage and fall.
In my next few articles, I will share in greater detail the impact they can have in our lives if we know how to harness them and use them for our personal development and growth.
© 2017 Shamala Tan
Shamala Tan is an author, spiritual entrepreneur and healer. Her work focuses on transforming the lives of others on the spiritual, emotional, mental and earthly level.
One of her success stories as an author is to be featured alongside New York’s bestsellers Sonia Choquette, Robert Allen, Arielle Ford, Marci Shimoff as well as Christine Kloser in the book Pebbles In The Pond.
Shamala’s clients include small business owners, holistic practitioners as well as those seeking to find more significant meaning and value in life. Shamala offers laser coaching to her clients on a one-to-one basis or in a group environment, offline as well as online.